March 26, 2009
A friend of mine started a blog recently and with the blog came a pseudonym. I realized then that I had not selected a nom de blog for myself and had in fact titled the blog after myself. I have pretty much always felt strongly about my name and I never want to be anything other than Kate, preferably the Kate (bitches).
Here are other things I feel strongly about:
1. Mini Eggs are the best possible candy for a multitude of reasons and the very best way to eat a packet of mini eggs is with a cup of very hot Earl Grey.
2. My favorite symbol is the ampersand followed by the cent sign.
3. Each and every day it boggles my mind that the 7:43 streetcar comes at 7:35 at the LATEST. This is fantastic because there’s no other way a 7:43 streetcar could get me downtown by 8 am but on the other hand: you are not the 7:43. You are the 7:35.
4. There is a super-friendly group of people on the 7:53 (which of course comes at 7:48) streetcar AND I HATE THEIR GUTS. Maybe it is my divorce or maybe it is just their obvious comfort with (and fondness for) each other. Maybe it is the loud voices and the bite-by-bite desciptions of dinner and oh my god if I hear one of them talk about marinating something that then putting it in the convection oven I will pierce my own eardrum with a sharp pencil.
5. Maybe it is not my divorce; I probably would have hated them just as much when I was happily married.
5. Here is another thing about getting divorced: every so often I am hit such with a massive wave of sadness that I think might actually stop breathing.