March 28, 2009
1. So I have been getting email for someone named Kristin. The very best part about this, of course, is that her name is Kristin and these people are emailing her at theKate(at)gmail.com. How can she be the Kate IF HER NAME IS NOT EVEN KATE?
2. I deliberately took an earlier streetcar on Friday so I wouldn’t have to listen to the Chatty Chatty 7:53 people. The earlier streetcar was late and slow and then the speed went from slow to slower and I looked to my right and there was a massive Mute Swan dead in the middle of the street. At the next stop there was a dead seagull dead on the shelter bench.
3. For thematic purposes I would have preferred there were three dead white birds on my way to work. In writing and design things work best in groups of three. Then I realized that maybe there was a third one. I can say one of two things here: one, my heart is a dead white bird; two, that turkey and swiss sandwich in my bag was also pretty much a dead white bird.
4. I am almost positive that I just washed and dried a load of laundry without putting any detergent in the washing machine. The question is, do I re-wash and re-dry them?
5. I think the answer is yes.