January 3, 2010
1. I am going to try to write every day for a little while, even if that little while is just this one single day.
2. Tomorrow is the first Monday of the new year which means it feels like a new beginning. It’s also colder than a fucking bitch outside, so cold that I was forced to buy my dog a pair of dog boots to wear on his feet EVEN THOUGH HE IS A DOG.
3. I never imagined that I would become that person, the sort of person who buys footwear for an animal and then I did.
4. (The very worst part of this, of course, is that by purchasing footwear for my dog I now have to write a note to his dog walker to tell him oh, hey, before you take this animal to the park so he can crap on the ground would you mind just strapping these tennis shoes to his feet? BECAUSE THAT MAKES SENSE.)
5. So tomorrow is the first Monday of the new year and it feels like a new beginning. A new year in which I become a person I never imagined becoming, again and again.
6. I guess I am starting with dog boots and moving on to bigger things, better things, matters of the heart, maybe.